Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Laughlin River Run 2008





For the third year now I got to travel 1400+ miles over this past weekend to the Laughlin River Run in Laughlin, Nv. Chris and I started off on Thursday morning, in a rain and snow storm. Luckily we missed most of it. But by the time we got to St. George the bikes looked terrible. So much for all of the cleaning I did before I left! On Friday we rode to Zion and went through the tunnels just to make sure our pipes were loud enough, and yes they were.



One of our several pit stops to rest our butts.



We left for Laughlin on Saturday morning with Rick and Cyndy, Todd and Shantae, Shantae's dad and family friend Mark, and Todd's friend Matt. It was a wild ride down because the wind was blowing like crazy. We took a new route down this year. We went through Overton, and got to ride this really bumby road that about bucked me off the bike more than a few times. Sunday was a long ride, we rode from Stateline all the way home. It was about 600 miles I would guess.






Here I am attempting to clean my bike at 7:30 Friday morning, the water and soap was freezing to the bike before I could even wipe it down. I had to just leave it out in the sun to thaw out.

We decided to add a little religious history to this trip by stopping and visiting the Mountain Meadows site. Apparently we killed a bunch of people here for some reason? Thats sucks, but there is a nice monument there now.

Todd, Chris, and I on our ride in Zion.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tiddy wap whoop briggy briggy noop nop a whoop. jiggity bop briggity briggity wop wop. Too bad me & stallion are too wussy to ride all that way. well mostly stallion is.

Chris and Lindsey said...

Oh yeah! What a blast I'm already to head back down again!

Todd R. Johnson PR & Marketing Director said...

sounds like stallion is afraid... if you like big jugs and loud pipes you'd feel right at home in Laughlin... plus you sit and watch "inmates" all day... so it would be a nice change to watch inmates as temporayily free souls...